School Motto: be strong
Education is the most powerful weapon against poverty - Nelson Mandela
Dr. Ndumi Faulu Academy is an elementary school in the Kenyan Coast. We are on a mission to ensure that every student has a solid chance at quality education.
The school was established in 2012 by Dr. Esther Ngumbi with her parents Mr. and Mrs. Harrison Ngumbi, both retired teachers who strongly felt that education was the gateway to ending poverty and was the best gift the family could share with the community. At the beginning Dr. Ndumi Faulu Academy opened its doors to 14 students. They studied in a mud class but we were happy to know that we had started giving back to the community we love. Over the years with help from family and friends we have upgraded the mud classrooms with semi-permanent classrooms. A gradual increase in student enrollments has continued steadily and today the school has over 110 students and runs through grades 1 to 8.
- Education is the key to prosperity, growth and change.
- Education is a foundation of improving community and bringing sustainable development.
- Education plays a vital role in promoting economic growth and social justice and is associated with a wide range of positive outcomes including improved health. Each additional year of schooling results in a 10% average increase in an individual’s earnings.
- Education gives you the foundation you need to launch into a brighter future.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS since 2012
- Creation of a primary school with a small student/teacher ratio.
- 110 students in 8 grades
- 8 professional and experienced teachers
- 8 Classrooms
- A water well
- 4 greenhouses with drip irrigation that grow food for the school and community
- A parent association that formed organically within the community
- A library that has electricity and books
- 1 laptop and six I-pads
- Meals for school children